1. What information we collect from you:
When using our Website, we may require or use information as specifed based on user type. Some information is collected automatically; other information is disclosed by you at your discretion.
Information collected from users who visit Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes without logging in or registering are "Unregistered Users" or "Guests", and data collected includes the following:
● Internet Protocol (IP) Address
● Geographical Location
● Length of visit page views
● Navigation location
● User Agent (Browser, Operating System)
Users who visit and create an account within the forum are "Registered Users." When you create an account, you are also creating a profile page that registered/unregistered users can potentially view. Information collected from registered users includes the data collected from "Unregistered Users" as well as the following:
● Username or Login Name
● Avatar or Photo (if provided)
● E-Mail Address
● Hashed Password (for authentication)
● Website Address, Birthdate, Location, Interests, Messenger Names, Gender, Notepad (if provided)
Information you disclose publicly:
We provide a platform that permits transmission of content over the internet per our Terms of Service, to be stored on our Website. This may include personal information about yourself that you choose to disclose at your own will. For example, you may choose to create a post in a discussion sharing your full name, address, or actual personal photo. You may also include personal information within your profile. This is ultimately your choice. Please be cautious about what personal information you choose to disclose publicly in the forum or via the personal messenger inbox system as it may be monitored for security and safety purposes.
2. How will my information be used?
We have legitimate interest for processing your information. The information you provide to us is required for, but not limited to, the following lawful reasons:
● To provide access to the forum
● Account management for experience customization
● Sending notices of relevant communications by email
● Interactivity with features
● Maintaining discussion integrity
● To provide advertising
● For legitimate business interests
● To increase performance
● To comply with legal requests by law enforcement agencies
3. Security and Protection of Information:
4. Browser Cookies; First and Third Party; How they're utilized
We use small text files, called cookies, to store information in your web browser. The information stored may include preferences, session identification, HTTP information, and IP address. You can set your browser to not receive cookies, or block any of these cookies indivdiually but this may degrade your ability to use Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes.
First Party Cookies
These cookies are set by us directly within our domain or subdomains.
The names of the primary cookies we use are defined here along with their functions explained:
● member_id - This is your unique member ID number associated with your account when logged in
● password_hash - This is your securely hashed password used to re-authenticate you / remember you
● mobile_mode - This is your personal preference whether or not to use mobile viewing
● forum_read - This is the list of read forums for a session
● topicsread - This is the list of topics read for a session
● anonlogin - This is a setting regarding online list display status
To delete all cookies currently set by this Website, you can "click here"
Third Party Cookies
These cookies are set by other websites which may or may not be affiliated with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. These may be tracking, or analytical cookies related to: Google Adsense, Google Analyitics, YouTube, and other third parties. Cookies help to make advertising more effective. Without cookies, it’s harder for an advertiser to reach its audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received. Our Website may utilize Google Adsense advertising program, which is a third party that may set cookies when you use our Webite. You can control and learn about cookies placed by Google Adsense per their policy found "here"
. If you are a member of the European Economic Area, you will automatically not receive personalized ads via our site.
5. IP addresses:
IP addresses of computers used to visit our Website, are stored in our database. This includes when first registering for an account, managing your account details, writing messages or performing any other transaction which results in data being transferred to or from your computer and the Website in question. Your IP address is not visible to the public at any time.
6. Other websites:
7. Controlling your personal information:
● You may choose to limit or remove viewing of applicable personal information about yourself through the settings located in your personal account under "My Controls."
● You can adjust what types of communication you prefer to receive in your account settings.
● You may request that we delete all personal information that we hold on you, should you wish to close your account and no longer be a member.
● Your posts on this forum are not
considered personal information unless
they contain it, and we are not necessarily required to delete them, or provide them to you in whole at any time.
● Your account may be anonymized, but not physically deleted to comply with personal information removal requests. This is to protect the legitimate interest of retaining discussion and integrity of the forum.
● You can control the email(s) you receive by clicking here: Email Settings
and Alert Settings
If you discover any of the personal information that we hold for you is incorrect or incomplete, that you are unable to change or delete yourself, please contact us as soon as possible so the necessary changes can be made.
8. Children's Privacy:
We are in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes doesn't solicit or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. To create an account on our Website, you must certify that you are age 13 or above. If we have knowledge of collecting personal information from a child under the age of 13, the information will be deleted.
9. Do Not Track Disclosure:
Do Not Track functionality of your web browser lets websites know your tracking preferences across the internet. The "Do Not Track" setting is not processed on our Website because we do not track individual users across the internet.